Friday, January 30, 2009

Tex-Mex Chicken Skillet

1lb box Whole wheat Penne pasts
3 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
1 1/4 cups Salsa
1 can corn (frozen will work as well)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup Cheese

  • Cook pasta according to directions
  • In a large skillet grease bottom of pan and cook chicken, about 2 minutes
  • Add salsa, corn and peppers
  • Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 10 minutes or unitl chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally
  • Drain pasta
  • Add to chicken mixture, mix lightly and stir in cheese.
  • Let stand about 5 minutes before serving
Words to the Wise:
I love this dish and so does the family. It is still a pasta dish so the kids love it but it has different flavors than another spaghetti dish. I have also added black beans to this recipe in the past. It just adds more texture and bumps up the fiber.
This recipe is from Kraft Food and Family.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a fun recipe! I don't know that the wee ones would go for it, as they refuse all sauces, but it certainly sounds good to me. I like the addition of the beans, too. Anywhere I can sneak them in, I do.

And thank you so much for visiting my blog yesterday during my SITS day. It was so much fun to see all the comments, and so many had such nice things to say. I hope you enjoyed yourself and come back to visit again soon!

April said...

you KNOW i love food blogs!!! i love your layout too :-D

April said...

btw, you need to join foodbuzz.com and become a 'featured publisher'. it's really easy and they pay per impression. it's not much, but it's free money :-)